I got the 80% success from Sankarshan's posterous -
http://sankarshan.posterous.com/the-plan-to-create-a-digital-library-of-100-c

<http://sankarshan.posterous.com/the-plan-to-create-a-digital-library-of-100-c>The
problem that Ashwin Baindur raised was the improper digitisation effort. A
rough Google search tells me that C-DAC is doing the digitisation for the
Maharashtra Archives - http://www.cdac.in/html/egov/mda.aspx - which as
Ashwin raised the point is stored on compact disks. Interestingly they are
using SQL and Visual Basic under Windows NT. I am not sure if this is a good
thing. I also do not know when this project was done either. So, not sure if
those were then current technologies.

We discussed yesterday that Maharashtra Archives being a public institution
(or for that matter any public institution) should ideally make these
documents either public domain or release under an open copyright (do
correct me if I am wrong with terminology).

warm regards,
Pradeep