On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 12:30 PM, Ashwin Baindur
<ashwin.bain...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I think the time has come to assume good faith and let the office
> bearers get their act together. We have had enough emails expressing
> the community's concerns at lack of transparency, lack of
> communication, etc, etc. The new office bearers are in an un-envious
> position. I'm sure that they must now be feeling that all the work of
> putting up a chapter is a thankless job. It was an important task and
> let us recognise that tackling any state bureaucracy is not an
> occupation of pleasure. So let us thank them for doing this task and
> ask them to henceforth function in a manner which meets the concerns

of the community.

Many thanks for this, Ashwin. Following your lead and now that the India
chapter is a legal entity all set to go, I have - like you - put up my
expectations from the chapter on:

http://www.wikimedia.in/wiki/Expectations_from_India_chapter#List

It would be great if others could also record their expectations on the wiki
as a way to constructively communicate these to the chapter.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to place on record that I have high
hopes for the Wikimedia India chapter - and would be happy to provide
support to it in whatever way I can.

Best to all,
Bishakha