I'm not sure this is an accurate description of the situation; perhaps
the title has more to do with the fact that the Wikimedia Foundation (as
opposed to the chapter) is not a registered entity in India. However, as
I don't work for/ speak for the foundation, I don't know for sure - and
maybe someone from the foundation - Barry? - could clarify this better.