Dear sankarshan

Initial license of raghu font series was confusing. But later they
changed it to gnu gpl, as per the insistance of RK joshi. Gnu gpl
licensed fonts were released as a part of Indix project of cdacmumbai.

Anivar

On 2/24/11, sankarshan <foss.mailingli...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 8:51 AM, Anivar Aravind
> <anivar.arav...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> CDACMumbai have a history of GPL Licensing one font series as a part
>> of their indix project  , Raghu Series, by Late. Prof. R.K.Joshi,
>> Famous Calligrapher and Researcher in Type faces.
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R_K_Joshi
>> Rebranding his Jana Series fonts to raghu series & GPLing them  was
>> his long term effort from inside CDAC. But its font tables need to be
>> corrected to make them usable .
>
> The 'GPL' that these fonts had was the 'General Public License' wasn't
> it ? And not the GNU General Public License. I may be mistaken though
> etc.
>
> I've been, in the past, known to berate and sigh C-DAC. In recent
> times I've arrived at the conclusion that there's no upside thinking
> that TDIL/MinIT/C-DAC will eventually figure out that selling services
> around their products make for a better business case than trying to
> hawk the products themselves. Or, that LGPL licensing their products
> might make it easier to have an application developer network around
> it.
>
> --
> sankarshan mukhopadhyay
> <http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog>

Sent from my mobile device

"[It is not] possible to distinguish between 'numerical' and
'nonnumerical' algorithms, as if numbers were somehow different from
other kinds of precise information." - Donald Knuth