Just checked with my sources in the government - and what I hear is that the
allocated funds *isn't* for Sanskrit Wikipedia, but a project "on the lines"
of Sanskrit Wikipedia, but perhaps with editing control.

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 10:45 AM, Prashanth NS <prashanth...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Yea. I remember that announcement 2 years back and then it got converted
> into an internal project.
>
> But, a good opportunity for advocacy here. Perhaps some chapter members
> should meet the department officials and try and get co-opted into the
> decision-making process. Often, it is lack of information and trust that
> scares them. Unlike 2 years, back with the chapter in place and most of us
> quite well networked, we should get involved closely and see if we can get
> them to invest in improving the sanskrit and kananda wikis.

The government usually prefers a project with editing control rather than
one without any direct control over content decisions made.

--
Hari Prasad Nadig