Dear Nikhil (& et all),
                        Request to NOT take it personally. Whatever you are
doing is a great initiative and really appreciable. But these comments are
not to undermine your efforts.
                        Srikanth's reply should completely explain why Shiju
was trying to make a point and IMHO, they are valid ones. These best
practices are based on previous experiences and not any knee jerk comments (
Sorry, No pun intended).
                        Please note that even this is the practice for
http://schools-wikipedia.org/ project for English wiki , supplied to schools
of "more liberalized" countries.
                        The question is neither about the format of this
information provided nor about the number of articles. 500 ? 2500? 25000?
Ship it on a CD, thumb drive, DVD or even Blueray discs or any other medium
..Any number of articles is accepted, provided we are able to provide them
quality content. I can personally vouch that more than half the content on
our Wikipedia is crap. Yes I mean it. And but the reason we are all here is
to convert them this crap to more useful stuff.

Regards
Tinu Cherian