Hi Yann,

I spoke with a friend who has been to the museum before.  And then
another journalist with FrenchTV is acquainted with you and your work
with Ekta Parishad.

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 11:26 AM, Yann Forget <yan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Liam,
>
> 2011/3/10 Liam Wyatt <liamwy...@gmail.com>:
>> Hi Yann,
>>

> Well, there are several problems with that.
>
> 1. In order to make good photographs, a tripod will be necessary. I
> doubt they will allow that for the usual fees.

The National Museum permits the use of tripods on Mondays (for no
extra charge) and for other days a request for permission has to be
filed with the administration.

> 2. Seeing the size of the museum, many days will be needed to take
> good photographs (not snapshots) of a sizeable portion of the museum.
> At 300 Rs. each, it would be expensive for me. Actually I might not
> need to pay that much, as I am a resident in India, and I am entitled
> to the Indian fees.

The differentiation is between Indian and foreign nationals, therefore
you will be required to pay the usual fees for foreigners.  This is
for still photography only.

> 3. For some items, there might copyright issues to publish the
> resulting images under a free license.

Please speak to Mr. Grover in the administration.  Apparently, they
have some conditions with regard to publication of pictures taken in
the museum.  Every picture should be tagged with "Courtesy: National
Museum, New Delhi" and three copies of the published work must be
placed with the museum.

Gautam, are there restrictions by copyright law on publishing pictures
of art-work available in publicly-accessible galleries?  [We did have
a discussion on this with Pranesh at the last Bangalore Wikipedia
meetup].

Yours sincerely,

anirudh