I can't say anything for wikipedias on other languages, but for
Bengali Wikipedia, we have a clear rule. Any new article that is a one
liner or has only a navigation template, will be tagged as {{Empty}}
and the creator will be given a day or so to add at least some more
text in it to make it a stub. Otherwise, it will get deleted. This
type of quality control is necessary, otherwise we'll go the same way
as some wikipedias that are crazy for numbers, but don't give any
thought to quality.

Ragib

--
Ragib Hasan, Ph.D