On 4/7/2011 8:30 AM, Nikhil Sheth wrote:
> And I feel that there should be a full-fledged project (worldwide, not
> just pertaining to indian articles) going on for Wikipedia for
> Schools, with a well-structured list of ALL articles that are going
> in. Not being able to find anything. Can anyone help in how to go
> about getting one set up?
I'm working on this with Andrew Cates (User:BozMo) - the driver behind
the original Wikipedia for Schools.  He gave a list of all the the
articles in Excel so it's a little messy and doesn't have links. I tried
to clean it up a bit, but it still needs some more work and definitely
isn't as useful as it should be:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Offline_Projects/Content_Development/Schools

As I think you all know, they are working on a 2011 edition of WPFS to
be released soon.  Andrew said we can send him a list of additional
articles (up to 250) with permalinks that you (India) would like to have
included in the next release. He says his team could then make a
separate version specifically for India.

My suggestion: once you have the list of articles you want included, put
them in a table on this page as well.

Note: obviously, it would be ideal if the tools were available for
anyone to do this, without needing to go through an intermediary, but
unfortunately such tools do not exist yet. HOWEVER - just so you know,
the Foundation is setting aside resources to address this concern, and
hopefully tools making it easy to extend and/or modify offline
collections will be in place soon!

Jessie

--
Jessie Wild