Hi Laxmi,
       You may essentially upload images that was taken  by you or the ones
you own the copyrights.

1) You can upload them to Wikimedia Commons at
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Upload
2)  Select "It is entirely my own work" ( You can directly go to the link
http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Upload&uselang=ownwork
 ) <http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Upload>
3) "Choose File" to upload from your computer.
4) Give file name in "Destination filename:" in case you want to.
     Original source : {{own}}
     Author(s): You can give your username or name.
     Description : Good to fill a good description to the file so that it
will be useful for others.
5) Select licensing : *Multilicense with CC by SA 3.0 and GFDL*(
recommended ) ( Don't forget to select the license from the drop down
menu)
6) Upload file.

Hope that helps.

Regards