Cross Posted on India/Mumbai/Pune Mailing Lists:

Minutes of WikiMeet Mumbai 21 May 2011 held at office of Pinstorm, Santacruz:

1. Hisham gave a presentation on the Campus Ambassador program pilot that was
much discussed.
2. Was decided to write to chapter Executive Committee as to what is exactly
required of them (Has been done)
3.
 We had written to Jimbo asking him to pencil us in his diary for the
said dates of the WikiConference - an event in the UK has beat us to
that. It was discussed that it is very important to have him around as
it is the first Indian National WikiConference. An email will be sent to
 him in the next few days with other possible dates (other weekends in
November)
4a. It was felt important that to move forward we need an
Event Organising Committee for the WikiConference. Whoever is interested
 in being on the OC or any of the sub-committees, kindly write to the
Mumbai list (wikimedia-in-...@lists.wikimedia.org). Kindly note
we are not looking for people who just lend their names but people who
will actually come forward and put in time and effort in the entire 6
month preceding period.
4b. Sub-Committees suggested:

•Conference Programming
(Includes Themes, Tracks, Keynote Speakers and Scheduling)

•Finance (Includes both budgeting, raising finances and
scholarships)

•Conference Venue and Catering

•Major Events (Attendee Party/Mega Event)

•Press and Media coordination

•Accommodation and Registration

•Promotion and Advertisement

•Technical and IT

•Volunteer
5. Possibility of having full time support

Kind Regards,
User:AroundTheGlobe