Can we stop this discussion about the Delhi chapter. It is heading nowhere.

India chapter is just started and it will take some time for it to
grow and reachout to other places.

Lets learn from their activities and mistakes/learnings.  Lets have
some patience. There is enough time available for all to do various
activities like meetups, reachout sessions, ambassador programs etc.
(including launching another chapter.)

So, keep it cool guys!!

-Sudhanwa

On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 12:40 PM,  <wheredevelsd...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> RE:Mayur - As I suggested, you could request the Chapter to appoint a
> regional committee (with certain autonomy, reporting directly to the EC).
> This should solve all your issues. Can you please explain exactly how a new
> chapter will help Delhi? Further I am sure your aware it took about 2 years
> in getting the India Chapter sorted, it takes a lot of time effort and money
> in dealing with bureaucracy in getting registered. By the time you have gone
> through that you will be zapped - just whats happened in the India Chapter
> case where they are now getting their bearings together. The guys have done
> all the hard work, let us look forward. If you feel that you could do better
> if you were part of the Chapter Executive Committee - stand for elections at
> the next AGM!
>
> Further, its unfair to say that the Chapter and foundation are not on your
> side. For example, Anirudh, a member of the Chapter EC was on ground in
> Delhi earlier this year organising Wikipedia X celebrations. The foundation
> office is based in Delhi - how can you say that the Foundation has given
> Delhi a pass? If you have this attitude in Delhi then just imagine what the
> West or East of India should think - the Foundation is in the North and
> Chapter in the South with the East and West squashed in between! Let us
> remember we are part of the Union of India.

web: www.sudhanwa.com  blog: www.sudhanwa.in
Twitter: sudhanwa Check on FB, Linkedin for more.