Hi Shyam:

> 1 - To be a part of the mission and for contributing, I don't think one
> should be a member of the Wikimedia India (please don't take it otherwise).
> Just for voting the executive committee members, one should be a member? I
> don't understand the point.

Well, it gives members a say in the representation of the organisation
and in its agenda. This guides the Wikimedia mission in India.

> 2. I am under the impression that one of the major goals of Wikimedia
> chapter is fundraising, which will be used for its operations and fulfilling
> the mission tasks. Isn't that correct?

I would, personally, disagree with this. The main role and aims are to
spread free knowledge as the registration documents show:
http://wiki.wikimedia.in/File:ChapterRegDocsEnglish.pdf

Best,

Gautam