Hi Shiju,

My personal opinion is even if we fail to release a CD/DVD; i think should
try make one.
It will help to improve the quality of wikipedias.

I think ultimate aim 'Wikipedia India Conference' is to improve the quality
of contents in wikimedia projects.

Other 'Wikipedia India Conference' will just a meetup.
I am ready to help if anyone is starting this project .

Thanks,
Naveen Francis

On 16 June 2011 09:38, Shiju Alex <shijualexonl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> How viable is to release a DVD in 60 days in all languages ?
>>

> Not a good idea unless few language communities (at least 6-7) are ready
> for the selection, proof reading, verifying image licenses, and so on.
> Selection and creation of offline content is not at all a small task. Much
> effort is required for it. Also from each language community the support of
> at least 10 active contributors are required. As of now not many Indic
> language communities are ready for it. Also the exclusion of selected
> articles from inactive wikis is not a good idea when we are trying for
> public outreach.
>
> Another possible and easiest option would be  releasing a Commons CD/DVD
> that contains copyleft images related to India. Malayalam wikimedians
> already done a test release of Commons images along with the Wikisource CD.
> The release of such a CD/DVD can be done with less effort.
>
> Shiju
>

> On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 12:18 PM, Naveen Francis <navee...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Is there any plan for a DVD of featured articles in all indic languages
>> and articles by WP:IND (english wiki) ?
>> Releasing DVD will help to increase quality of content in the wiki.
>>
>> Shiju/Santhosh,
>>
>> How viable is to release a DVD in 60 days in all languages ?
>>

>> On 12 June 2011 17:35, Outofindia <outofin...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks. Sure!
>>>
>>> Let's have a small core Fund Raising  team that discusses the options
>>> for fund raising....and we post updates to all others once we agree on
>>> something.
>>>
>>> Would like  to know:
>>> 1. Is there a budget already?
>>> 2. Will this be fully or partially funded by anyone.