Interesting initiative and great effort done by those who worked on this
novel idea.

Lack of published sources is a huge problem for articles related to
developing and third world countries. It is a problem, not only in native
language Wikipedias, but even in English Wikipedia too. I don't believe Oral
citations is a complete solution to these problems, but definitely a
interesting way to approach it.

I was talking to a journalist today on another Wikipedia story and he
himself was curious to understand how we are overcoming this serious problem
of lack of published sources. He was very excited when i mentioned
this. Like many others had when we featured this at the last Bangalore
Meetup, he was worried on how we would prove that these oral citations are
credible and actually from subject matter experts. Like Shiju said, this
problem may also be apparent in any online published source.

Anyways I believe the community needs to discuss this to decide whether to
take this forward or not.

Do watch the making of the project. An interesting watch guaranteed :)

Regards
Tinu Cherian