Hoi,
Given that much effort is going into India at this time anyway, I can
imagine that ALL the money can remain in India at this stage in order to
really execute all the projects and programs envisioned.  Being able to
donate in the local currency is a powerful incentive to give (over having to
donate in a foreign currency).
Thanks,
      GerardM