Hi,

I am not so glad to see the huge grant for Wikiconference and the way it is
spent.

With all due respect for the organising community and volunteers, more
effort should have gone in getting donation in kind ( example: venues ) /
commercial sponsors. That is how most of the events of this scale are run.

This is huge money if directly invested in resources for any Wikipedia
project will give great meassurable results.

Ravi