The project page can be found here
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Oral_Citations
Discussions are currently happening on foundation-l mailing list
http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/foundation-l/2011-July/thread.html
and respective language Wikipedias
eg: Malayalam Wikipedia
http://ml.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E0%B4%B5%E0%B4%BF%E0%B4%95%E0%B5%8D%E0%B4%95%E0%B4%BF%E0%B4%AA%E0%B5%80%E0%B4%A1%E0%B4%BF%E0%B4%AF:%E0%B4%B5%E0%B4%BE%E0%B4%AE%E0%B5%8A%E0%B4%B4%E0%B4%BF_%E0%B4%85%E0%B4%B5%E0%B4%B2%E0%B4%82%E0%B4%AC%E0%B4%82

I am planning to create a discussion page on English Wikipedia soon. Please
join in the discussion. :)
It will be great if other language Wikipedia discuss and evaluate
the possibility of Oral citations.

Btw note that *The Economic Times *story headline is slightly misleading and
is the job of desk/editors as usual. But I am more than happy with the
coverage they did on this.

Regards
Tinu Cherian