On 26 August 2011 13:08, John Vandenberg <jay...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Wikisource already has a "Commonwealth copyright wikisource"
> it is called Wikilivres, and it is hosted in Canada.
> On that website you will find many examples of works which are illegal
> to distribute on US servers.
> Whenever English Wikisource finds a work which is illegal in the US,
> but legal in Canada, it is moved to Wikilivres.

Thank you, John. Of course, I can see how this can be a never ending
set of legal tests - illegal in USA and Canada but legal in India
(where you can replace India with any other locale) then host on
Indian server.

Wondering if there is a better way! And, if Commons can at least
search the meta data from this Canadian archive and possible future
other archives.

Best,

Gautam
________