hisham

On Sep 12, 2011, at 3:07 PM, Béria Lima wrote:

> There are another way (who works fine in Brazilian program): Treat then as
> adults they are and the articles as projects. If I cheat in a project in any
> college in Brazil my professor would give me a zero. In some brazilians
> college I may be expelled for do that (without count the fact that is also a
> crime in Brazil). We (and they) need to realize how serious copyright
> violations are.
>
> But to make sure,  i'm not saying you people to threat your students, but to
> make them realize how serious that is.

Hi Beria

Agree with you - and my intention and actions are precisely to do what you
said: to convey to students that this is a serious matter and they need to
treat it with the seriousness that it deserves.  (In terms of the specific
academic approaches to be taken, that is a call that faculty and directors of
the colleges will take; not us.)