On Sep 12, 2011, at 4:47 PM, Theo10011 wrote:

>  I am not sure if "Intellectual honesty" means ethics in this context but I
> would disagree if that is what WMF and other Wikipedians would be concerned
> about, it's really the legal liability that they expose WMF and projects to.
> Maybe Hisham can clarify.

To be fair, the actions taken were in in the context that this is an education
program - and it's important that the benefits that students can accrue - of
stronger research, better writing and improved critical thinking skills - are
actually realized by students.  This is what we are trying to encourage.
Copy-pasting will not add any value to students.

> I am well aware of your position as a open-source book publisher and a
> Creative commons hero along with someone I respect, that was why I found your
> position very surprising on this issue.
>
> Also, Hi Hisham, Nice to see you avoided replying to my comment alone. ;)

Hello Theo!  I shall shortly make amends for this remiss...