Hi all,

[Apologies if a similar thing has been proposed earlier, I haven't been able to
read much of the recent discussions.]

I had a thought of channelling readers and editors of English Wikipedia (and
similar projects) to other Indian language wikis based on their IP addresses
and the topic being read. I've put down the proposal
at http://strategy.wikimedia.org/wiki/Proposal:Funneling_multilingual_readers_and_editors_based_on_geographic_and_topical_cues as
 it is applicable elsewhere too than just India. Please read and discuss the
proposal. It'll be great if some of us can take the lead and do a pilot with
two or three Wikis. Personally, I'll not be able to commit much time these
days, but can support if somebody takes the lead. I suggest that we can put up
a project page (specific to Indian wikis)
at http://wiki.wikimedia.in/Projects:2011-12 if there is enough support.

- Sundar