On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 9:16 PM, Theo10011 <de10...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> As for starting "Wiki editing" you might want to start yourself. I
>>> suggest your userpage on Meta, which if I recall I told you to create a
>>> month ago.
>>>

>> Ooooh! Can we please cut out these sort of unconstructive, personal
>> comments. They don't help anyone or anything.
>>

> I assure you this was not a personal comment. You might want to look at
> the Meta talk page for IEP here [1] where admins who first dealt with the
> issue played a game charades to find out who was actually in-charge of IEP.
> It has editors from enwp, trying to deduce who Nitika.t is
>

> And with all due respect back, Theo, this thread is about the IEP - not
about Nitika's editing prowess. So your comment strikes me as irrelevant -
and I'm sorry, but even if I'm in a minority of one, it did come across as
personal to me.

I also feel that comments like these have a strong effect on those whom
they name thus - they silence them. Specially when they are relatively new
to this culture, and even more so, when they are participating in a very
difficult and somewhat hostile thread. And they silence others who may have
spoken out.

So while applauding Nitika for sharing her views in this space, I also want
to urge that you and I not get into a slanging match on this point. Let's
agree to disagree, since I doubt we will agree on this.

At the same time, I very much appreciate your efforts to help and nurture
Nitika, which did come through in the earlier email too.

Best
Bishakha