Thanks for the ideas for the talk folks. I'll try my best to cover the
topics you suggest and hope we can have a good discussion throughout the
three day conference. Thanks for the warm welcome. As always, I'm excited
to be visiting...and seeing you all.

Best,
Barry

On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 7:30 PM, Ravishankar <ravidre...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Barry,
>
> In last Wikimania, Jimmy Wales gave a "Global Wikipedian of the year"
> award for the phenomenal work done in Khazak Wiki.
>
> http://en.tengrinews.kz/internet/3813/
>
> But, we couldn't learn in detail about their work.
>
> Similarly, there will be many growing global Wikipedia communities
> that face challenges and yet do a great work.
>
> From your experiences as a Global development officer, it will be
> useful for us to learn how they do it.
>
> So, in essence, I would like your talk to be about growing globall
> communities. Not about Indian Wiki communities :)
>
> Ravi
>
> On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 11:37 PM, Barry Newstead
> <bnewst...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > I'm really looking forward to Wikiconference India next week and
> congrats in
> > advance to the organizers, who have put countless hours into the work of
> > preparing this unprecedented gathering in India.  The program committee
> > invited me to do a talk on Sunday which is a great honor, thank you!
> > I'd like to ask for your input on areas you would like me to focus on in
> my
> > talk.  I will have time set aside for discussion, but want to see if you
> > have any particular interest areas that you'd like me to focus on.
> > Thanks and see you on Friday!
> > Barry

Barry Newstead
Chief Global Development Officer
Wikimedia Foundation

the sum of all knowledge.  Help us make it a reality!