From: Frankly Idontcare <idontcarefran...@yahoo.com>

Date: 22 November 2011 18:50
Subject: Blatant misinformation and vandalism of India articles on Wikipedia
To: "pradeep.mohan...@gmail.com" <pradeep.mohan...@gmail.com>

Dear Pradeep Mohandas,

I got your e-mail address from your user page on wikipedia. I understand that
you were involved in the Wikipedia conference that was held in Mumbai in
November 2011. This should mean that you are part of Wikipedia. I have to bring
to your attention, an issue, that has been bothering me from a long time.

There are a few administrators on
 Wikipedia who "legally vandalise" pages related to India and block anyone who
disagrees with their point of view. (POV) For example, if you view the "India"
article on Wikipedia, you will notice that the introduction does not do justice
to what is arguably the greatest civilization in world history. It is heavily
biased and doesn't mention the fact that India is the oldest and the oldest
continuing civilization in history. It doesn't mention the fact that India is
an emerging superpower. The page is being constantly monitored and vandalised
by a group of users/administrators who seem to have an inherent bias towards
India. I tried editing the page, but was unable to do so because of the
following users: Fowler&fowler, Saravask, Quigley, Elockid and
ElockidAlternate. Of all the mentioned users,  Fowler&fowler and Elockid  (
ElockidAlternate is his alternate account) are by FAR, the worst. they seem to
have something
 against India and Indians.  Fowler&fowler has continually uploaded offensive
images in the demographics and economy sectionof the India article and made
disparaging remarks about India and Indians! He is an administrator!!

Moving on to Elockid and ElockidAlternate (same user with another account). Go
through the Economic History of India
 article. Under GDP Estimate, the following sentence was deleted by
ElockidAlternate:

"According to economic historian Angus Maddison in his book ''The World
Economy: A Millennial Perspective'', India had the world's largest economy from
the first to the 18th century, with a (32.9%) share of world [[GDP]] in the 1st
century to (28.9%) in 1000 AD, and in 1700 AD with (24.4%)."
<ref>The World Economy: Historical Statistics, Angus Maddison</ref>"
and this sentence was replaced by:

"According to economic historian Angus Maddison in his book Contours of the
world economy, 1-2030 AD: essays in macro-economic history, India had the
world's largest
 economy during the years 1 AD and 1000 AD"

Now, let me tell you how this is wrong on SO many levels:1) The first statement
is ABSOLUTELY CORRECT and the book clearly mentions that India had the largest
economy from the first to the eighteenth century!
2) In the book " Contours of the world economy", the author clearly mentions
that India had the largest economy from the first to the 16th century and in
the 17th century! the sentence uploaded by Elockid or ElockidAlternate is
wrong!

I have tried to correct this error and I got blocked for being a "sockpuppet",
even though i am not! I tried reporting on the Vandalism noticeboard, but i got
blocked from editing the vandalism noticeboard!!! Is there anyway I can alert
Jimmy Wales about the constant anti - Indian editing by some administrators on
Wikipedia? Also, is there any way you can correct these edits, cuz a lot of
people may be exposed to this misinformation! Please get back to me.

Regards,Frustrated
 editor!