On 23 November 2011 18:55, Hisham <his...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Couldn't agree more
> *
> On Nov 23, 2011, at 6:11 PM, Subhashish Panigrahi wrote:
>
> Good to see the progress the Assamese Wiki Community building, and the FAQ
> set. Hoping to see the FAQ Booklet in PDF and more outreach activities, WCI
> would work like a catalyst to promote.
>

> Personally, I think the *real* value of WCI was to serve as a catalyst for
> further growth. Of course the sessions were important - but (arguably) even
> more important was the opportunity to make connections, share ideas
> informally, start conversations that lead to friendships and motivate
> community building.

Well, yes, I do agree that WCI will help primarily to make more contacts
which will ease meetups. But, regular meetups and post-meetup/academy
follow ups are very important. But an initial foundation building need a
LOUD event. The 1st Odia Wikipedia Academy in Bhubaneswar never produced
any single active Wikipedian, but people in the state became aware that
there is a active Wiki project. But, it's really amazing to see a NITan to
take part in it, hope it grows in the insti campus as well and lead to more
outreach programs.

In fact Assamese people are widespread all over India and quite conscious
for language and literature. So, that is a great way to reach to more
language enthusiasts.