Thanks Shiju for compiling all this information. I have read through all
the replies from diffrent editors. Some editors have mentioned that there
is no "edit-war" and multiple edit for a single article or collabaration
for a single article. Unfortunately this has not been going on recently
however in the past there were several articles where more than 3 people
would contribute constantly to bring it to a featured article level. Of
course there were edit-wars and that too in good sense. Some examples are

1.
http://hi.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E0%A4%97%E0%A4%82%E0%A4%97%E0%A4%BE_%E0%A4%A8%E0%A4%A6%E0%A5%80
2. http://hi.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E0%A4%85%E0%A4%95%E0%A4%AC%E0%A4%B0
3.
http://hi.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E0%A4%85%E0%A4%AB%E0%A4%BC%E0%A5%8D%E0%A4%B0%E0%A5%80%E0%A4%95%E0%A4%BE

Hope we can see the same days again.

Regards,
Gunjan

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 12:24 PM, Shiju Alex <sh...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Dear Indic Language Wikimedia Community members,
>
> As part of the Indic Languages initiative of India
> Programs<
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_-_India_Programs/Indic_Languages
> >,
> I have been having detailed discussions with a wide range of Indic language
> wikipedians for the past few weeks.  Yesterday I shared the summary of
> discussions with few Assamese Wikipedians which helped us to understand the
> current situation of  Assamese wikipedia.  Thank you for the discussions
> and ideas that emerged on the mailing list and the talk page.
>
> Today I'm particularly excited to share a summary of the discussions I've
> been been having with *Hindi wikipedians*. It is available here:
>
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_-_India_Programs/Indic_Languages/Hindi/Discussions/2011
>
> I will be honest and confess that I was not sure about the level of
> engagement I would have with Hindi wikipedians because the community is
> relatively quiet in public forums.  I'm really pleased to report that I was
> very pleasantly surprised by the broad-based, insightful, and constructive
> communications.  Hindi community might be silent but they are active and
> full of powerful ideas. We have seen wonderful Hindi wikipedians like
> Anirudh in WCI. Even though the current community strength of Hindi
> wikipedia might not be good cosidering the huge speaker base of Hindi, I am
> sure the situation will change soon.
>

> Even if you are not involved in Hindi projects, I invite you to read this
> report because the points raised are applicable to all Indic languages.
>  Personally, as someone who has been passionate about Indic languages for
> many years now, I found the discussions very educative and informative and
> thought-provoking.  I have learnt a lot from these discussions and I hope
> you find them as useful as I have.  I want to thank Hindi community for
> their time and their fantastic inputs.
>
> Remember most of the issues the Hindi editors raised are applicable not
> only to Hindi but for all the Indic languages. So it is important that
> other Indic language communities take lessons from it while building the
> community.
>
> As mentioned before, I've edited the discussions to protect confidentiality
> as well as to remove any specific personal comments.
>
> Inviting your  active participation in these discussions (either on talk
> page or in the mailing lists).
>
> Warm Regards,
>
> Shiju Alex

Gunjan

No trees were harmed in the generation of this email.
However, several trillion electrons were brutally inconvenienced