>  Unfortunately this has not been going on recently
> however in the past there were several articles where more than 3 people
> would contribute constantly to bring it to a featured article
> level.........Hope we can see the same days again.

Hope those days will be back soon. Strengthening the community by bringing
back old experienced editors and retaining existing editors are the key.
For that focus need to be shifted to that direction.

I remember in 2010
January<http://shijualex.wordpress.com/2010/04/25/indian-language-wikipedias-statistical-report-2010-march/>Hindi
wiki was having approximately 50,000 articles and 50 active users.
Now 2 years down the line, we have more than 1 lakh
articles<http://shijualex.wordpress.com/2011/11/10/indian-language-wikipedia-statistics-2011-september/>,
but the number of active users is still 50. Considering the huge speaker
base of Hindi, it should have at least 1000 active users now.

As we can see from the responses of the editors, most of them are not happy
with the results of google translation project or bot created articles. As
one editor said"

I think that the articles translated using machine translation tools should
go under a rigorous review for style, quality and flow before being made
'live'. A number of articles have been created on Hindi Wikipedia with
Google translation, but these serve no purpose. The style and the flow (and
the English text in untranslated templates, references section etc.) render
them of little interest to a native Hindi reader, and the unfixed errors
render them useless to Google (whose interest is most probably lies in
improving its algorithms and training its bots with good Hindi-language
content). When other editors look at such an article, most of them think
"Well, this article already has all the necessary content. There is no need
for me to edit this." I think a thousand short, unreferenced and
well-formatted articles are better than a million long, translated articles
translated from English Wikipedia.

Now it is duty of the community to address these concerns. As another
editor said "I feel presenting a project as a high-quality project is
important for attracting more contributors to it".

The latest statistics also shows that readership for Hindi
wikipedia<http://shijualex.wordpress.com/2011/11/10/indian-language-wikipedia-statistics-2011-september/>is
shooting up. It is showing exponential growth for the past few month.
So
there is no lack of visibility or awareness for Hindi wikipedia. We should
be able to convert at least a small percentage of our readers to editor.

According to me, the key solution to address all the current issues is
building the community.

Shiju