WhereDevilsDare,
Yes, Bala has VERY valid points.
While I was [sadly] inactive at the time of all this [and therefore lose my
right to say anything], on going thru the edits, it has struck me that a
lot of this is Warn-worthy. A dozen policies violated, another dozen good
faith edits disrupted.
I think these policies must be given in theory before the practical session
starts.
And yes, while some users are only beginning to lose their patience, many
have already lost it ...
Regards,

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 6:17 PM, <wheredevelsd...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>  *offlist*
>
> I know Bala could have used a better tone, however he has raised some very
> good points. Lets stay focused on this and not convert it into another
> flame war like the previous IEP thread.
>
> I know you guys have been working hard and that this hurts. However, on
> the other side of the river, people like Bala are having to face a lot of
> shit online, hence he is loosing his patience. Lets hope that this research
> takes your points and his points into consideration and there is a way
> worked out.
>

> ------------------------------
> From: ramshankarya...@gmail.com
> Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 18:07:36 +0530
> To: wikimediaindia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
> Subject: Re: [Wikimediaindia-l] IEP Pilot - Preliminary Analysis
>
> Dear Bala,
> I'm  glad that you came up with few more questions but most of them are in
> negative tone.
> We would love to have few questions from you pointing on few of the good
> things as well.
>
> Please don't mind, it's not personal.
>
> Thanks,
> Ram
>
> On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 5:23 PM, Bala Jeyaraman <sodabot...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> Somethings vital that are missing:
>
> 1) How many regular editors were required to clean up the articles. How
> many reverts/cleanup edits were required to clean up after the IEP students.
> 2) How many admin actions/interventions were required - warnings, blocks,
> mergers, deletions, AFDs
> 3) How many regular volunteer hours were spent on this project.
> 4) How much did the new page patrollers (NPP) backlog increase because of
> IEP
> 5) How much did the copyright cleanup investigations (CCI) backlog
> increase because of IEP
> 6) How long is it going to take to clean everything up. What do the
> NPP/CCI project members feel about the extra workload.
> 7) What was the impact on the existing en wiki community. How their
> attitude towards such a program has been damaged.
>
> A supplimentary question:
> Are kudpung, moonriddengirl, fluffernutter, Voceditenore, spacemanspiff et
> al being interviewed?
>
> On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 5:01 PM, sankarshan
> <foss.mailingli...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 4:51 PM, Nitika <ntan...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
>
> > We want to collate data points to be able to analyze and draw out trends.
> > Here is an example of data that we're trying to dig out (and this is
> just a
> > sub-set of a preliminary list)
>
> Sharing the entire list of data points would be a nice thing to have.
> If it is possible.
>
> > What's the amount of data that students have added to Wikipedia? What's
> the
> > amount of data that got reverted? What's the net amount of information
> that
> > the students have added on Wikipedia?

> [...]

Srikanth Ramakrishnan.
Wikipedia Coimbatore Meetup on December 10th.