+1 with Ashwin.

A word is not the whole of the message Gerard is trying to convey.
"*ILLITERATE"
*may sound little harsh, please ignore it considering the effort of Gerard
and whole of Localization team for the efforts for creating a platform for
Indic language. People have started using Wikipedia to type and copy
pasting comments in Idnian languages, is in't that a good sign of people
moving back to more usage of Indian languages in WEB. This term
*illiterate*also is more of
*Illiterate in Indian language on web* in the Wikipedia context as 80 % of
the netizens I know (in case of Odia language) are illiterate of usage of
using it on web, and the rest 20 % come up with typing with more and more
typos :)

So Patient is the key, we all are here to make people aware that language
is not just a medium of communication, if then, we all the city dwellers
are good in English. Rather, language is a platform for a race to preserve
their literature, heritage, culture and humanity in a documented and
natural form. We can't just push our languages to die because we speak good
English.

And IMHO, please STOP discussing more about the *"ILLITERATE" * thing and
it'd be great if the discussion thread lengthens with more inputs, hurdles,
solutions about Indian language usage on Web.

regards
Subha

On 30 November 2011 20:08, Ashwin Baindur <ashwin.bain...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The aggressive/offended tone in a couple of posts on this thread
> distresses me. I humbly request that all respondents may please tone down
> any agression you may feel. Gerard is trying to understand Indian culture
> in good faith. He has made some assumptions that he is keen to explore. May
> I request that we please discuss maturely without getting offended? We need
> to not only AGF but be CIVIL also. The same points can also be made
> politely.
>
> Warm regards,
>
> Ashwin Baindur

*