On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 00:04, Jessie Wild <jw...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Thanks for sharing this link, Yuvi! As someone completely unfamiliar with
> the topic, I am wondering if you all consider the issues discussed in that
> paper still an accurate depiction of the state in education in 2011.

Fewer things have changed from 2007 to now.

1. Internet penetration has increased, atleast lot many people have
broadband now, but still things have to improve.
2. Facebook. (the timepass/"hanging out" the author mentions happens online
now.)
3. GNU/Linux or open source are not completely new terms for atleast city
students, most of them would have heard, many more students *use*
opensource (be it ubuntu / android etc), but collaboration / contribution
still needs awareness.
4. The number of rock stars like Yuvi at college level who are aware of the
outside world, has increased. But proportionately they are still like
Wikipedia editors : Wikipedia readers.

--
Regards
Srikanth.L