Hello! Sorry for inbox spamming :) Sitting in the GLAMcamp, I cannot stop
thinking how our community is doing so much and not getting highlighted,
especially all you Indic editors out there. Though I don't really "belong"
to the Wiki-geeks group, I think an excellent way of outreach is GLAM
events. They are simple to understand, easier to participate and fun things
:)
think fests like Footprints, or bigger fests such as Mood Indigo are
excellent places to set a booth and do some outreach. We could have a
photography event (which we call Wiki loves monuments) and get students to
get us images. We already have rules for the event and we can arrange a
small prize or swags. That way, you don't have to specially call people to
places or events and same time we start smaller and have sure results. What
we essentially need is a wiki-geek (or an experienced editor as you call
it) and someone who can communicate the idea well. What do you guys think?
I have friends at Mood Indigo and if Bombay people are willing to take me
up on it, we can have a stall there too!
Warmly
Noopur

On Sat, Dec 3, 2011 at 11:15 AM, Arnav Sonara <sonara.ar...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hey Noopur,
>
> Thanks, the event is on 24, 25, 26 February 2012.
>
> I just need answer of above questions to convince them to allow me to come
> there and conduct a workshop. Would love to have around there at that time
> if possible.
>

> On Sat, Dec 3, 2011 at 3:35 PM, Noopur <noopur.ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hey Arnav,
>> I'll be in Gujarat post 12th Dec. I helped organize the 10th meetup in
>> Delhi. If you need my help, I'd love to :)
>> Warmly
>> Noopur
>>
>> On Sat, Dec 3, 2011 at 10:32 AM, Arnav Sonara <sonara.ar...@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> This is User:Rangilo_Gujarati here basically from Gujarat and now in
>>> Pune, am planning an outreach event most probably a workshop in MS
>>> University Baroda, Gujarat during their forthcoming technical festival
>>> Footprints <http://www.msu-footprints.org/>. Also am the Campus
>>> Ambassador for India Education Program too, I need some input from you guys.
>>>
>>> The organizers of this event have basically no idea about what a
>>> community is or how WP works, since I ll be targeting newbies I am planning
>>> to start from Introduction to WP, then an editing session and main motto
>>> behind this would be to start an active community in Baroda or Gujarat and
>>> get the contributors to EN and GU WP and commons too.
>>>
>>> Now the organizers are asking few questions like "Why anyone should
>>> attend it?", "What would be the exclusivity of the workshop?", "How can we
>>> (university and attendees) be benefited from this?". They are worried too
>>> much about "exclusivity", how to convince them that these type of sessions
>>> are some thing more than "exclusively in Footprints", "first time in
>>> gujarat" ??
>>>
>>> Since I have no experience in conducting an outreach workshop
>>> independently I want your feedback on it, and what possibly should I answer
>>> them?.
>>>
>>> Please do reply with your valuable suggestions/critics.
>>>

>>> --
>>> Thanks
>>> Arnav (ricku).