Thanks for the positive response guys. I'll try and arrange a meetup
in the second week of January. Since the only two Wikipedians are out
of town and it also will be Wikipedia Day, presence of a member of
chapter or foundation would be welcome.

On 12/13/11, ansuman <ansum...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Very nice report. I hope to see more active wikipedians. And hope the
> community grows. You rock, Keep it up.
>
> Regards
> ansu
> *
> ଓଡ଼ିଆ ଉଇକିପିଡ଼ିଆ
> *
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Ansumang
>
> On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 4:15 PM, Srikanth Ramakrishnan <
> rsrikant...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Heya all,
>> This should've come in elaier but didn't as my lab was shut.
>> To Pradeep, who's been asking for two days,
>> And Noopur, the only other Wikipedian who asked about this meet.
>>
>> Our meetup was held at the KG Inst. of Tech [KITE] who offered us an
>> A/C presentation hall for this event.
>> KITE, is a part of KG Information Systems Ltd, one of the city's most
>> respected IT establishments.
>> The meetup space was offered by Mr. Ashok Bkathavatsalam himself, the
>> MD of KGISL, who in turn was told about this meet by Gautam John and
>> Venkat Mangudi. Thanks you two.
>>
>> The meetup started at 11am.
>>
>> We had ~14-15 attendees, out of which 8 or 9 were part of ILUGC Pondy
>> [Indian Linux User Group Puducherry].
>> One Wikipedian saw the link to the meetup on my signature on an online
>> forum SkyScraperCity and came from Chennai.
>> Bala Jeyaraman, aka Sodabottle joined me a few minutes into the meetup
>> and it was him who spoke for the rest of the day.
>> Pre lunch, we basically spoke on how and why the Wikipedia model
>> worked, the principles of the project, with Bala using the age old
>> debate of whether Coimbatore or Madurai was the second largest city in
>> Tamil Nadu as an example for verifiability.
>>
>> Bala explained the ease of typing in Tamil, etc.
>>
>> Post lunch, we were joined by two faculty members of KITE, while Mr.
>> Ashok himself stepped in. Interestingly, he himself has an account on
>> the English Wikipedia and contributes too.
>>
>> The meetup ended at around 4, we took a few photos. I shall ask
>> Prasanna to upload them soon.
>>
>> It was a success, there were three existing Wikipedians, and the rest
>> were interested newcomers. I wouldn't call it an academy though.
>>
>> We've not scheduled a meetup for January yet, as the most probable
>> date is 15th Jan [Wikipedia Day] because both Bala and I won't be in
>> town. If anyone from the chapter/foundation can help lead it, I can
>> get people to attend and myself attend virtually thru Skype or so from
>> Kakinada.
>>
>> Comments, suggestions most welcome.
>>
>> All brickbats my way, bouquets to Bala please.
>>
>> --~~~~
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Srikanth Ramakrishnan,
>> Sathyamangalam-Gobichettipalayam Star Gazers
>> My Commons uploads, now exceeding 75.
>> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:ListFiles/Rsrikanth05

Srikanth Ramakrishnan.
Wikipedia Coimbatore Meetup on December 10th.