Hey everyone,

As Noopur said GLAM and outreach cannot be seperated, +1 to it.

Also wanted to share with you guys that the outreach event and
workshop I am organising in February in MS University Baroda, the
organizers from the city were amazed to know what Commons is and how
wikipedia and other project get images and media from it.

So they have asked me to come up with an event specially targeting
photographers. Thus am planning for "Wikipedia takes Baroda" though at
much smaller scale than scavenger hunt which has happened in other
countries till now.

Please give your inputs on it. And Noopur I ll get in touch with you
offline regarding it.

Thanks.

On 12/14/11, Pradeep Mohandas <pradeep.mohan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
>
> Well, L could reach WikiSource (old books?), WikiQuotes, Wikictionary
> (difficult, tho). Better to keep all options open. Also, all the Indic
> stuff would go on the Indic version of the respective projects. So, a
> Malayalam wikisource or a Marathi Wikisource other than just English.
>
> Pradeep
> Handheld
>
> On 14/12/2011, Srikanth Ramakrishnan <parakara.gh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Pradeep, thanks. I forgot that the L stood for Libraries. Thanks.
>> According to me. G- Commons, Wikipedia. L- Wikisource. A- Commons,
>> Wikipedia, Wikisource. M- Commons, Wikipedia. Am I right? These are
>> just indicative as to what element of GLAM joins which project.
>>
>> On 12/14/11, Pradeep Mohandas <pradeep.mohan...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> hi,
>>>
>>> Stuff from libraries and archives go onto WikiSource. I read/heard/saw
>>> somewhere that they're having a hard time monitoring docs uploaded
>>> there. Not sure if it needs monitoring for copyvio etc. So, a
>>> WikiSource person or encouraging a WikiSource person to do and learn
>>> more would be a welcome addition.
>>> warm regards,
>>> Pradeep
>>> Handheld
>>>
>>> On 14/12/2011, Srikanth Ramakrishnan <parakara.gh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>> Pradeep, my thoughts exactly. The Commons would be the most utilised
>>>> project due to GLAM, and I think we should ask Yann, who is an admin.
>>>> Also, I'm curious to what role WikiSource would play here, especially
>>>> in India.
>>>>
>>>> On 12/14/11, Pradeep Mohandas <pradeep.mohan...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>> hi,
>>>>>
>>>>> GLAM contributions will impact contributions to Wikipedia sister
>>>>> projects like Commons and WikiSource. Would love if people active on
>>>>> these projects would come forward and share how such uploads from GLAM
>>>>> would need to be moderated, etc. Would love to hear more from someone
>>>>> who's onto WikiSource, especially.
>>>>>
>>>>> warm regards,
>>>>> Pradeep
>>>>> Handheld
>>>>>
>>>>> On 14/12/2011, Noopur <noopur.ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>> @ashwin thanks :) I plan to get one for Jan hopefully or at least
>>>>>> figure
>>>>>> things out by then. Am already designing a new logo and trying to see
>>>>>> what
>>>>>> sections can cover Indic reports+GLAM+outreach and more. If you have
>>>>>> categories in mind, post on talk page or let's take this on private
>>>>>> mail.
>>>>>> I
>>>>>> will need help editing maybe and i suck at using templates etc. Would
>>>>>> be
>>>>>> glad if you could help with it. :)
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 6:28 PM, Srikanth Ramakrishnan <
>>>>>> parakara.gh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Ashwin, I fail to understand what this has to do with GLAM. Unless
>>>>>>> ofcourse, Noopur can run a section on GLAM on WikiPatrika ...
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> On 12/14/11, Ashwin Baindur <ashwin.bain...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>> > On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 1:27 PM, Noopur <noopur.ra...@gmail.com>
>>>>>>> > wrote:
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> >> * I can volunteer to make a newsletter! *
>>>>>>> >> Warmly
>>>>>>> >> Noopur
>>>>>>> >>
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > Dear Noopur,
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > This project was well begun but came to a dead halt! No one to
>>>>>>> > blame.
>>>>>>> With
>>>>>>> > a versatile person like Tinu handling so much, something was bound
>>>>>>> > to
>>>>>>> come
>>>>>>> > to a stop.
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > http://wiki.wikimedia.in/WikiPatrika
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > The next issue is of November but going nowhere -
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > http://wiki.wikimedia.in/WikiPatrika/2011-11
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > I suggest you try to get one out in Feb and two months after that
>>>>>>> > and
>>>>>>> > so
>>>>>>> > forth. Please rest assured on my support for  -
>>>>>>> > * op-ed
>>>>>>> > * tips 'n tricks
>>>>>>> > * English Wikipedia report
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > Warm regards,
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > Ashwin Baindur
>>>>>>> > ------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>> Regards,
>>>>>>> Srikanth Ramakrishnan.
>>>>>>> Wikipedia Coimbatore Meetup on December 10th.
>>>>>>> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Meetup/Coimbatore
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>>>>> Wikimediaindia-l mailing list
>>>>>>> Wikimediaindia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
>>>>>>> To unsubscribe from the list / change mailing preferences visit
>>>>>>> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediaindia-l
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> --
>>>>>> Noopur Raval
>>>>>> Student
>>>>>> Arts and Aesthetics
>>>>>> Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
>>>>>> Ph: 9650567690
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> --
>>>>> Pradeep Mohandas
>>>>> How Pradeep uses email - http://goo.gl/6v1I9
>>>>>
>>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>>> Wikimediaindia-l mailing list
>>>>> Wikimediaindia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
>>>>> To unsubscribe from the list / change mailing preferences visit
>>>>> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediaindia-l
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> Regards,
>>>> Srikanth Ramakrishnan.
>>>> Wikipedia Coimbatore Meetup on December 10th.
>>>> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Meetup/Coimbatore
>>>>
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> Wikimediaindia-l mailing list
>>>> Wikimediaindia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
>>>> To unsubscribe from the list / change mailing preferences visit
>>>> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediaindia-l
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Pradeep Mohandas
>>> How Pradeep uses email - http://goo.gl/6v1I9
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Wikimediaindia-l mailing list
>>> Wikimediaindia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
>>> To unsubscribe from the list / change mailing preferences visit
>>> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediaindia-l
>>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Srikanth Ramakrishnan.
>> Wikipedia Coimbatore Meetup on December 10th.
>> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Meetup/Coimbatore
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Wikimediaindia-l mailing list
>> Wikimediaindia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
>> To unsubscribe from the list / change mailing preferences visit
>> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediaindia-l
>>
>
>
> --
> Pradeep Mohandas
> How Pradeep uses email - http://goo.gl/6v1I9
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wikimediaindia-l mailing list
> Wikimediaindia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
> To unsubscribe from the list / change mailing preferences visit
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediaindia-l
>


-- 
Thanks
Arnav (ricku).
(User:Rangilo_Gujarati) <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Rangilo_Gujarati>

_______________________________________________
Wikimediaindia-l mailing list
Wikimediaindia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
To unsubscribe from the list / change mailing preferences visit 
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediaindia-l

Reply via email to