On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 11:29 AM, Srikanth Lakshmanan
<srik....@gmail.com> wrote:
>> http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/mediawiki-i18n/2011-December/000361.html
>>
>> "In order to force them, "if you don't test this it may break horribly
>> for you when deployed" seems way more convincing than "no new goodies
>> for you"."
>>
>> This attitude of i18n is not only very dangerous for the communities and
>> languages but also very unprofessional.

Please read that mail once again, this was a response by
Platonides(not an i18n team member) to the comment by Srikanth L .
Srikanth said: " If people are not interested to join them, they must
be forced to join
> them(by way of not supporting them/ deploying any component for the
> language) so as to provide better support."

And now you are saying that it is the attitude of i18n and calling it
dangerous and unprofessional!  Wonderful Ravishankar.

>. Nothing that breaks
> horrible must ever be deployed. We safeguarded Tamil(Malayalam folks did
> theirs too), we frankly didnt care much for others before the launch.

Srikanth, While I really appreciate the efforts you and Bala did with
the testing and reporting bugs, this kind of comments  really
disappoint us.  You are aware that the we were working round the clock
to fix all the bugs within hours and we wrote the complete details in
report.  Safeguarding from a horrible deployment? Could you please
stop exaggerating things? We did expect bugs when we do this kind of
large scale deployment with too many languages, browsers, operating
systems and we addressed each of the bugs within hours. Some of these
bugs can be only detected when we expose the tool to a larger
audience. You are aware of that. All the open bugs now present are
are not in our control - Browser bugs and Fonts bug, we disabled them
for time being.

Please be constructive and help us as you were doing. We deserve some
appreciation for what we are doing.

-Santhosh