I haven't seen any communication in any open platform with Malayalam
Community members about this matter. A few weeks before I had a brief
discussion with Santhosh about webfonts. But it was nothing about webfonts'
rendering bugs. Infact, popular (and beautiful) Malayalam fonts are open
licensed, but there are other rendering bugs.  Issue I raised was about an
unnessessory char code change doing by webfonts which I felt a propaganda
pushing in favor of his idea about some characters, and which need
additional scripts on both client (= additional bandwidth) and server. But
Santhosh quit the thread claiming my concerns are my pure imaginations. :)
Naturally thread died.

I know Malayalam Wikimedian 'Vssun' tried to have an open conversation on
Gerard's talk page, after Gerard's notice, but didn't see any development.
As far as now I know no one, who was sure about webfonts deployment on ml
projects.

I certainly do not want webfonts in its current form in any of the
Malayalam Wikiprojects. But I want to know why Malayalam is excluded from
this deployment and I want to know why such a code deployed on many other
wikies.

I personally don't like Santhosh's enthusiasm to fly his scripts on
wikimedia servers, based on his "I am correct, I am correct, I am the only
correct" attitude.

If webfonts is too bad for your language, I urge you to file a bug for
removing it.