hi,

Only 2 practical things I've done:

1. Sit with them and edit the article that *they* enjoy editing at a
WikiAcademy.
2. See if their interested in becoming friends on Facebook/Twitter and
see if we can become 'edit buddies' and share the joy.

I haven't measured effectiveness but that's more because I have lesser
time than the other person's enthusiasm or lack of it.

Some have become long term friends like Pranav (User:AroundTheGlobe),
whom I met just 11 months back face 2 face. :) and some like Srikanth
himself whom I've never met :)

Pradeep
User:Prad2609
Handheld