A good idea no doubt, but I think the detecting which state the user
comes from part is a small road block. While Google Mail has been
showing which state the IP is from in the logins section, I think the
browser or system language should also be taken into consideration,
though it may seem obvious at first that a person who is using his or
her computer in their own language would know Wikipedia exists in that
language.

Srikanth Ramakrishnan.
Wikipedia Coimbatore Meetup on December 10th.