Hello friends,

Sometimes I think we forget that we are not just editors but participants
in a living, breathing, arguing and having fun community. A large number of
community initiatives are on this year - some from chapter, some from
Foundation Trust and some from wikipedias/city groups. Each of these
initiatives, if they succeed will add more value to Wikipedia, than plain
and simple editting alone can do. I know I'm generalising but the need of
the hour is not A or B but both ie not a choice between editting or
community involvement but for each of us to be involved in both.

If you are an active editor but not involved, perhaps its time for you to
help our people. Its a great way to make friends and offers a chance to
develop into well-rounded personalities.

If you are into outreach but not into editing, it is high time you editted
- otherwise you will miss out on great experiences and more importantly,
may also misread our Wikimedia culture - a phenomenon which seems to be
increasing.

So I suggest you eat your cake an have it too! Spend both sides of the
coin. Be a familiar face both on and off line. Edit & reach out.

Have fun & happy editting,

Ashwin Baindur
Disclaimer : This editor has weak eyesight & prefers large type. If you are
uncomfortable with this aspect of the email, please use Ctrl +- or whatever
key strokes your browser supports to reduce the font size.