On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 9:17 AM, Ravishankar <ravidre...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I did some testing on how the recently released Android ICS supports Indic
> languages.
>
> Tamil, Bengali, Marathi and Hindi are the only Indian languages supported
> for now. Oh ya, it can also show English well without a problem ;)
>
> You can view the findings in details at
>
> http://microblog.ravidreams.net/2011/12/android-ics-support-for-tamil-indic-languages/

I wouldn't say "supported". Language support generally includes:

- display/rendering
- input
- keyboard layouts
- fonts
- spellcheckers
- dictionaries

Not all those checkboxes can be completely ticked when it comes to
Bengali for the 4.0.3 release. I still see rendering issues with
regards to spaces between conjuncts and so forth.

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog>