This is some gray area about fair use and some benefit of doubt can be
given to media.

But what the Attribution required clause?
Almost all of the media violate the "Attribution required" clause all the time.

-Sudhanwa

On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 10:09 PM, Arun Ganesh <arun.plane...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I dug up the Indian fair use law and found this:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_India/Fair_use#reproduction_in_a_newspaper
>
> In this case, the aircraft had crashed and it was no longer possible to get
> such a photograph, but can a newspaper otherwise just pick up any photo off
> the internet and use it under fair use clause just to avoid paying licensing
> fees of the photograph?
>
> -arun
>
> On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 9:50 PM, Gautam John <gau...@prathambooks.org>
> wrote:
>>
>> On 23 December 2011 21:43, Srikanth Ramakrishnan
>> <parakara.gh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Gautam, thank you for correcting me, but I believe Digitally Stealing
>> > is also defined as Using Data Without Permission. Atleast that's the
>> > definition Microsoft uses for their Windows Genuine campaign. Forgive
>> > me if I'm wrong.
>>
>> Since when did Microsoft become the arbiter of all that is sacred in
>> copyright law? :)
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Gautam
>> ________
>> http://blog.prathambooks.org/p/social-media.html

> j.mp/ArunGanesh

web: www.sudhanwa.com  blog: www.sudhanwa.in
Twitter: sudhanwa Check on FB, Linkedin for more.