HI Srikanth R,

On Sat, Dec 24, 2011 at 3:50 PM, Srikanth Ramakrishnan <
parakara.gh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ravi, while the idea of having English editors help out on Indic wikis
> sounds good, it isn't feasible. Most Indic editors distrust us English
> editors and remain aloof from us.

Indic communities don't need "help" but active "contribution" from people
familiar with en wiki. So, you have to think, act and become like a native
community member except for the fact that you are already aware of wiki
ways.

I am not aware of happenings in other wikis. But, I can give you many
examples of contributions in Tamil Wikipedia where the editor came from
English Wikipedia. If you faced specific problems, please feel free to post
in our village pump and I am sure the community will take the steps needed.

Ravi