Is it possible to talk to "Blue Coat" and remove commons from their
blacklist.
btw, there are pictures on commons that can easily go in the porn category.
Some serious admin work is needed there.

-Sudhanwa

On Sun, Dec 25, 2011 at 9:18 PM, Srikanth Ramakrishnan <
parakara.gh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So I spent the afternoon doing some research on this matter [on my
> phone], and learnt that it isn't the network admin who has blocked the
> site. The so called security software, Blue Coat, in this case, tags
> the Commons as Media download site. So blocking sites in this
> category, blocks Commons, Flickr, YouTube, Vimeo, MetaCafe, etc.
> Similarily, there are some which categorise the Commons as
> 'Pornography' ...

> Srikanth Ramakrishnan.
> Wikipedia Coimbatore Meetup on February 13th.
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Meetup/Coimbatore
> Aliens invaded Tamil Nadu, left their Spacship and now it is a Toll Plaza.
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:IVRCL-Vijayamangalam-Toll-Plaza.JPG

web: www.sudhanwa.com  blog: www.sudhanwa.in
Twitter: sudhanwa Check on FB, Linkedin for more.