Its your call "Commons Admins".
There is some (hidden and very thin ) dividing line between porn and naked.

I am told that in some Middleeast countries, where there are restrictions
on webcontent, Wikipedia is also used by youngsters for porn/naked
(whatever you feel correct) pictures/content.

I don't have any knowledge of the previous threads. Its your(admins) call
ultimately.
-Sudhanwa

On Sun, Dec 25, 2011 at 11:55 PM, Béria Lima <berial...@gmail.com> wrote:

> And what you want us (Commons Admins) to do Sudhanwa? Delete all picture
> with a naked person in it? That didn't go well the last time someone tryed
> ( http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons_talk:Sexual_content/Archive_3).
>
> and btw, why just  nude people? Muhammed are forbidden by Muslins laws
> and we have
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Depictions_of_Muhammad (not to
> mention that 2/3 of http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Muhammed are
> drawings and pictures) . Should we delete this too?
> _____
> *Béria Lima*
> <http://wikimedia.pt/>(351) 925 171 484
>
> *Imagine um mundo onde é dada a qualquer pessoa a possibilidade de ter
> livre acesso ao somatório de todo o conhecimento humano. Ajude-nos a
> construir esse sonho. <http://wikimedia.pt/Donativos>*
>

> On 25 December 2011 17:16, Sudhanwa Jogalekar <sudhanwa....@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to talk to "Blue Coat" and remove commons from their
>> blacklist.
>> btw, there are pictures on commons that can easily go in the porn
>> category.
>> Some serious admin work is needed there.
>>
>> -Sudhanwa
>>

>> On Sun, Dec 25, 2011 at 9:18 PM, Srikanth Ramakrishnan <
>> parakara.gh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> So I spent the afternoon doing some research on this matter [on my
>>> phone], and learnt that it isn't the network admin who has blocked the
>>> site. The so called security software, Blue Coat, in this case, tags
>>> the Commons as Media download site. So blocking sites in this
>>> category, blocks Commons, Flickr, YouTube, Vimeo, MetaCafe, etc.
>>> Similarily, there are some which categorise the Commons as
>>> 'Pornography' ...
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>> Srikanth Ramakrishnan.
>>> Wikipedia Coimbatore Meetup on February 13th.
>>> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Meetup/Coimbatore
>>> Aliens invaded Tamil Nadu, left their Spacship and now it is a Toll
>>> Plaza.
>>>
>>> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:IVRCL-Vijayamangalam-Toll-Plaza.JPG

>> web: www.sudhanwa.com  blog: www.sudhanwa.in
>> Twitter: sudhanwa Check on FB, Linkedin for more.