Hey Noopur,

Have figured out the procedure, will get it done at the earliest. Am
looking forward to contributing and interacting with wiki members in Delhi
:)

On 26 December 2011 17:17, Noopur <noopur.ra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>>>
>>> Day 2 (16th Dec) was managed by Mahitgar, Ashwin, Abhishek and some
>>> other CA volunteers. For the CAs, it was a great experience to interact
>>> with the people face to face and answer all kinds of their queries. This
>>> was totally different from the usual CA activities where they interact with
>>> people who are already much aware of Wikipedia and editing and may be other
>>> projects too. Abhishek and some others managed the stall till afternoon and
>>> later on by Sudhanwa and some others like Pratik. In the evening, Mahitgar
>>> gave a talk on the topic “Marathi Wikipedia- Challenges and Future” in the
>>> seminar hall which was received very well.
>>>
>>> Day 3 (17th Dec) was a hectic day being Saturday, the weekend. Mahitgar
>>> and Sudhanwa handled the 1st half. Ashwin joined with his spouse for a
>>> couple of hours. Mandar joined in the 2nd half till the day ends. There was
>>> really an energetic crowd who visited the stall and asked many many
>>> questions.
>>>
>>> Day 4 (18th Dec) Mandar handled the stall since morning for whole day.
>>> He was alone there till lunch time when some more volunteers including
>>> Ashwin, Mahitgar came to help him  out.
>>> Being a Sunday, the fourth day was very hectic and most crowded. Some
>>> more volunteers like Lochan Makheja (Hindi Wikipedian from Pune) were also
>>> added but it was still difficult to address all the visitors to our stall.
>>> Even with 4 volunteers at a time, we were not able handle the running crowd
>>> at peak hour on Sunday evening.
>>>
>>> We had kept a notebook at the stall and noted down names and contact
>>> details of the people who were interested in further Wikipedia related
>>> activities. During the 4 days of expo, we have collected names and contact
>>> details of the interested people and that number is about 250!! That is big
>>> enough to have multiple wiki-academies in Pune in the next few months. Our
>>> guesstimate of the no of people visited our stall is about 3000.
>>>
>>> While many visitors knew what Wikipedia is, most were not aware that it
>>> is also available in Indian languages, especially Marathi. The few who were
>>> aware of both were not aware of other projects like Commons, Wikisource
>>> etc. People were mostly unaware of the implications of copyrighted and
>>> freely licensed information.The expo gave a very good opportunity to
>>> interact with the people directly and get a feel of what the common people
>>> understand/know about Wikipedia. Here are some USUAL questions that we
>>> faced in the expo.
>>>
>>> 1. What is the price of Wikipedia? I want to buy some copies. :-) (to be
>>> specific - Wikipedia kitne me bech rahe ho.... )
>>> 2. You are not selling anything here? !!! Then why are you in the expo?
>>> 3. You are not getting anything from Wikipedia, then why are you
>>> standing for whole day on the stall?
>>> 4. If anyone can edit Wikipedia, what is the assurance that the content
>>> is correct and authentic?
>>> 5. Can you edit Wikipedia in Marathi/Hindi? How?
>>> 6. If I write any article on Wikipedia, will there be my name on the
>>> article?
>>> 7 If I type some search string in Marathi (Devanagari), you get search
>>> pages in Marathi/ Marathi Wikipedia?? !!
>>> 8. If I type in English (Roman) on English Wikipedia,can I get pages
>>> from Marathi Wikipedia?
>>> 9. When and where you meet? I want to join your activities.