hi,

I think we need to do a lot more activities and experiment with many
more formats and understand incentives needed much better before
trying the money incentive.

That said, we hope to have a meetup, but it seems the entire city
might be running the Mumbai Marathon. So, let's see.

Pradeep
Handheld

On 01/01/2012, Anirudh Bhati <anirudh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 1, 2012 at 12:27 AM, Bala Jeyaraman <sodabot...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> FWIW, the prize/incentive model for "Wiki takes X" has been done before:
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_Takes_Montreal
>

> And in the Philippines too.
>

>> But if you are really going the prize/incentive route, you need to be
>> prepared to answer a lot of questions, and provide results to justify
>> involving money . As a coordinator of the the ongoing TamilWiki Media
>> Contest, i have been facing similar questions. At the end of the day, the
>> event needs to produce tangible results for wikimedia projects in form of
>> usable files uploaded to commons.
>>

> Agreed.  Thank you, Bala.
>
> anirudh

Pradeep Mohandas