Hello everyone,

I am pleased to announce the beginning of Steward Election 2012 [1]. We are
now taking nominations from eligible candidates. Interested candidates can
check their eligibility and procedure to submit the nomination on the
guidelines page [2]. We are open to candidate submissions till January 28,
2012, 23:59 (UTC). Questions to the candidates can be submitted until
February 6, 2012, 23:59 (UTC). Guidelines about questioning can also be
found on our guidelines page [2].

This time we are also arranging the confirmation of existing stewards [3].
But the confirmation will begin on February 8, and will finish on February
27, 2012.

Please remember, the voting has not yet begun and will be not until
February 8, 2012, 00:00 (UTC). We will poke you once again when the voting
start.

As you all know steward election is a global event, so we need help from
volunteers to translate necessary pages into languages they speak. For
those who want to help us out with translation, please see our translation
portal [4]. And if you have any queries related to translation or anything
related to the election, you can ask us on the talk page [5]. Alternatively
you are free to poke us on IRC channel #wikimedia-stewards-elections.

For those who are a little bit surprised to see another election in few
months, I want to let you know that previous one (in September-October of
2011) was a special one which we arranged in need. This is the regular one
to elect new stewards and to confirm existing ones.

Please feel free to forward this e-mail to any list if you think it will be
useful. :-)

Regards,
Tanvir Rahman
Wikitanvir on Wikimedia