On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 16:00, Nitika <ntan...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> I'll be more than happy to formulate a plan/proposal for this.
>
> Pragyaan 12: http://www.pragyan.org/12/home/  is running through
> 23rd-26th Feb that means we have enough time to organise this well. Going
> through the website I feel that they'll have different events running
> simultaneously on all 4 days and don't not have provisions for stalls. But
> please correct me if Im wrong.
>
> They did have stalls last time I think, but don't know about this time,
gotta check with Srikanth.

> Here is what I propose:
>
> 1. Organise at least 8 Wiki sessions during these 4 days. We can keep the
> morning sessions in English and every evening we can conduct in Tamil.
> Doing 2 sessions every day will mean that the participants can pick and
> choose the date and time according to their own convenience. This might
> lead to more people attending the session.

IMO, we don't need to do it for all the 4 days. 2 days with high
participation might be better than 4 days with moderate participation.
Again, this is my opinion.

> 2. We should organise Editathons everyday where participants who have
> already attended wiki sessions during the day can join in. It's important
> for newbies to experience and practice editing before they fall in love
> with Wikipedia and Editathons can provide them such a platform. :)

That's great! We can throw one morning for a Commons event probably? Just a
thought.

> 3. I personally really like the idea of Trivia sessions. It keeps the
> participants enthusiastic and interested.
> 4. How about using this tech fest as a platform to get interested people
> kick off a Wikipedia Club?
> 5. How about inviting the participants to join in the Tamil Wiki Media
> Contest?

In fact the Tamil Wikimedia contest will be ending on the 28th if I'm not
wrong. Its a great platform to publicize it.