We just finished the San Francisco hackathon, which was quite a success:
about 90 participants, more than a dozen project demonstrations, and a
lot of engagement with San Francisco technologists and designers.  I
want to let you know that we ran a few tutorials that now have reference
notes/documentation available:

* Customizing your experience with JavaScript (using user scripts & Gadgets)
* Using our web API
* Building & working on a Wikipedia app for Android using Phonegap

I hope you find these tutorials useful as syllabi or references when you
are running your own meetups, hackathons, and other events.  The links
are all centralized here:

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/San_Francisco_Hackathon_January_2012

The storytelling staff also helped us out by recording video and audio
of the tutorials so people can watch them later!  They will upload those
recordings soon.

--
Sumana Harihareswara
Volunteer Development Coordinator