Hi all,
        Wikimania is the annual international conference of Wikimedians ,
jointly hosted by the local team ( usually local chapter) and the Wikimedia
Foundation.

The previous conferences were held in Frankfurt, Germany (2005), Boston,
USA (2006), Taipei, Taiwan (2007), Alexandria, Egypt (2008), Buenos Aires,
Argentina (2009), Gdańsk, Poland (2010), and Haifa, Israel (2011).

This year, it is to be held in Washington DC, United States of America, on
July 12-14 , 2012.  http://wikimania2012.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

I have attended the Wikimanias in Gdansk and Haifa, along with several
other Wikipedians from India.

http://wiki.wikimedia.in/Wikimania2011

I highly recommend everyone to apply and attend Wikimania !

Like every year, The Wikimedia Foundation is offering a limited number of
scholarships to offset the cost of select individuals' attendance at
Wikimania.

Both full and partial scholarships are available for Wikimania 2012:
    Full scholarships will award round trip travel, dorms accommodations
and registration.
    Partial scholarships will subsidize up to 300€ of travel expenses.

Scholarship recipients have to bear themselves the additional costs of
taxis, visa & travel agent charges etc.

More Information : http://wikimania2012.wikimedia.org/wiki/Scholarships
Apply here : https://secure.wikidc.org/wm/schols/
Deadline : *16 Feb 2012*

Around 30 % of the scholarship are allocated to Asia & Pacific, so there
are more chances of scholarship applications from India to be selected. :)

Please note that the selection is mostly based on the merit of the
applications.
One of the common mistakes that Wikimedians in India make is that we aren't
enough vocal of what we do. So please do write in detail about your
Wikimedia activities.

Please feel free to forward this to various language and city mailing lists
and encourage other Wikimedians to apply.

All the best wishes!

Regards
Tinu Cherian

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 3:19 AM, Sumana Harihareswara <suma...@wikimedia.org